Saturday 15 May 2010

Artist Research

Salvador Dali
http://www.dali-gallery.com/


The art that I have researched serves some important significance to my work Salvador Dali is the first, thinking about the general ideas and other aspects my project is following the artist that popped into my head was Dali. In his artwork we see objects in a particular environment. ‘In 1931, Dali painted one of his most famous works, The Persistence of Memory.[23] Which introduced a surrealistic image of soft, melting pocket watches. The general interpretation of the work is that the soft watches are a rejection of the assumption that time is rigid or deterministic.’ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvador_Dal%C3%AD

Within the scenes of the paintings you notice that they pose some vital purpose to the context of the artwork following surrealist views and so on when looking at this in relation to my work I see similarities of a different kind, the artwork demonstrates an understanding of space, form, value to me so therefore much like my project the objects are placed in this world which then acts and demonstrate meaning to the audience.

‘Some describe his art work as being bizarre’

A world in which inanimate objects live essentially this is how I describe the world of certain pieces Salvador Dali’s has created and these traits are the assets that have carried though to my own work. ‘Spanish artist Salvador Dali was a groundbreaking icon of the Surrealist movement and one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. His work probed the unconscious world of thoughts, dreams and perception in fanciful and nightmarish images influenced by Freud, Cubism, Futurism and metaphysical art.’www.theart.com

David Lanham
http://dlanham.com/
The general gist of the project is ready to move to the next level another influential artist to enlighten my project and the basic visual aesthetic I was in search for include artist designer and illustrator David Lanham. His work can be seen in many places for example icons on your computer screen. ‘Open Submission winner David Lanham day job is working at the Iconfactory creating beautiful icons for your computer in order to “make your crappy day at work that little bit brighter”. http://www.infectious.com/profile/DavidLanham

I feel that his artwork obtains the ‘cool’ factor allowing for the designs to really shine I also think in order for my estings to draw in my audience, the visual side of my sting needs to contain an aesthetically pleasing nature, this is the reason for my choice to using David Lanham’s style of work on my own. In terms of the colouration and scheme of the artwork its evident the use of bold plane colour is appealing as this does not over complicate the meaning of the visuals.

No comments: