Friday, 28 May 2010

The final animation alternative

After reviewing my animation I felt that some changes where needed, it works to some extent however the ending is not as strong as I’d like for it to have been, an alternative to the ending would have been more successful if for example my character ends with a crazy fighting sequence flying punches into the air and so on . I think this would resolve this gag which is important to the overall piece itself bringing an Asian Japanese advisement kind of element into the mix. I had prepared some changes also with the E4 as the purple must maintain its generic colour.

Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Final Animation.


All the applications that have been used throughout the course have been put to test here, from Autodesk Maya, Adobe Photoshop, Premiere Pro and After Effects, the combination of these programmes are what I know best and keen to learn more perhaps the next will be Zbrush and 3DS max
A majority of this week has been devoted to the editing of my final Esting a large amount of time was taken on making sure the animation runs smoothly and experimenting with the effects on offer, rendered in After effects , Premiere pro was used to add the sounds.


The major concern with lighting was how I was going to portray the low energy contrast with the last scene. I wanted to have a night outlook in which my character is placed as it will really bring out the variance from the earlier scene.
From the tutorials received over the duration of the unit I was inspired by one in particular using a HDR (high dynamic range) image to create atmospheric lighting on my scene as a whole. Having difficulty locating the perfect HDR image I decided to use and modify one from the tutorial. Experimented with the exposure channels with others in Photoshop to achieve a night look as this was my aim.In addition to the image basic Maya lights where added with some tweaks here and there.
Test Renders
Final Render

Texturing Models

Scene UV's
Interior UV's and Textures

Character Textures

Environment Modelling

From the layout plans the modelling of my scene had become much easier working from my references. There are a variety of different objects staying minimal as possible to achieve a sense of loneliness in my final view. The models contain a very basic almost generic style which was beneficial in realizing the overall contrast.

Tuesday, 25 May 2010

Character Model

We learnt a great deal of information from the start of the year with modelling characters and other things, getting the topology flow correct for better results was an important skill in which I am trying to perfect however I still need to work on it. Although my character is very basic this does not stop the ways of thinking. This is a small yet complex model in my head and shall remain like that. I feel that I have the necessary resourceful information to carry out a model for the E4 character from turnaround sketches and concepts.

Starting off with modelling out a quarter of my character...
Mirroring to create half of the model then adding adjustments to the mesh…
Last of all repeating the mirror once again and add more modifications.
A helpful method I discovered was to use the deformers to improve my model.
The two model variations
The next step in the pipe line was to figure out the kind of rigging that was going to be used on my character, in the tutorial sessions I underwent some great examples which showed me there is more then one way to do it. As the motion being used in the final composite, I wanted to be very limited with the Rigging and try not to dive to deep into as it may have proved to be time consuming, so therefore in the end product rigging on a low level was used with the from a lattice deformer.
(Lattice Deformer)
Final Characters Render 1
Final Characters Head Band
Final Characters Render 2