Wednesday 10 March 2010

Structure Designs

On analysis my sketches look fairly good however reference and a clear direction was needed I was steered into the path of Syd Mead. Often some Traditional Artists use existing pieces in my case architecture to influence designs of there own which is the road I took in search for some inspirations and logic in my designs, ‘perhaps this window ledge can fit into the drawing perhaps also the glass texture works really well with my construction’. These where the kinds of thoughts playing in my mind during the design stage of my structures also been looking at wide variety of artists that do the same technique and have noticed how strong the style is its important factor as I will continue to develop this in myself.

My colour swatches indicate the mood of the building. Serene Colours for example blues and light values shows peace, happiness, so therefore on the more vivid deep colours like purple and darker values specify dullness, dejection.
Auditorio de Tenerife in der Seitenansicht
‘Auditorio de Tenerife in der Seitenansicht‘ was the first of the architectural structures that was re-constructed in my design work, found in Tenerife the building stands reasonably new being build in 2003 this structure show me a great example of contrast from the other buildings I use (present/past) when I first discovered it, the style im looking for matched up nicely, free flowing dynamic curvature this to me depicts calm relax and tranquil surroundings very interesting to see and employ to plan my own piece.

Frank Lloyd Wright lake forest house
Frank Lloyd Wright’s only project in Lake Forest, this 12-room house, built at the edge of a ravine in the early 1950s, demonstrates the architect’s ability to shape people’s perceptions of the spaces that surround them. There’s a certain perception attached to this building being built in the 1950s the later piece of architecture from the group of my selection. I thought I’d venture into the modern kind of living and Frank Lloyd Wright’s structure shows a good example for sensitivity, the forms that follow in the design of this architecture illustrate harsh dark colours important in developing something visual expressive.

It was agreed that this structure didn’t work as well as the other ones did although it doesn’t need to be discarded in any way, the premise behind this design was that the sharp features and cube like appearance of the overall structure describe villain type feelings anger vigilance and so on.

Guggenheim Museum
Now I’ve looked at a dynamic structure in some sense and a less dynamic building and have located a kind of mid ground between them the Guggenheim Museum.
Alan was happy with the way the designs turned out however suggested some changes to the concept and incorporates it with an existing drawing that I had prepared earlier for my environment.
'Norman Foster was born in Manchester in 1935 and is the founder and chairman of Foster + Partners. He graduated from the Manchester University School of Architecture and City planning in 1961, when he entered at age 21, he won a fellowship to yale university where he gained a masters degree in architecture.

He started in 1967 with his own office, and it is now a worldwide practice, with projects offices in more than twenty countries. The company has been responsible for a strikingly wide range of work: urban planning, airports, civic and cultural buildings, offices, product design, residential projects and etc.

The practice has received 470 awards and citations for excellence and has won more than 86 international and national competitions.'

No comments: