Monday 22 February 2010

Branding project work


Giving my work an identity was an easy process and key for a more professional appearance, the main bases of my thoughts where on the title of this project, it was best at the begging to use the words Logan’s Run Transcription as a start off point. Things began to change as I drew and decided not to use the transcription initial in the actually design as it may become to complex ,My novel’s title Logan’s Run obtain the perfect variety of lettering to develop and adapt a logo so therefore the L and R where used. It ended with merging LR into to something nice and basic. After this from a previous project Curtsey of the website http://www.dafont.com/ I explored a few potential fonts coming to a conclusion.


2 comments:

tutorphil said...

Hey Raj,

It's great that you're branding your work - BUT, in terms of font, it seems at odds with the sci-fi content of your transcription project - serifs etc. tend to look classical and 'literary'...

In terms of branding your work more professionally, you might want to consider using the service provided here:

http://www.bobbooks.co.uk/photobooks/examples.html

I've used them, and they create really lovely photobooks; of course, because of the turnaround, your 'making of' book would have to be ready a couple of weeks in advance...

Anyway - see what you think - and reconsider your logo - you need something that reads as 'sci-fi' in an immediate way.

Rdhillon said...

Hey Phil thanks for your input.
In terms of creating a book I guess you’re in saying the work needs to be done in advanced therefore I can’t really see this happening I’ll give it a shot in the next project perhaps it would be better and I agree with the logo :) changes are on the way